Thursday, October 4, 2018

Leisure and Greeneries: Admiring the greeneries in UKM

Hello everybody! Ah Wong is back again...

Last week, I've just explored the green view of my campus, UKM. You may ask why I got free time to do so because, every Thursday morning I don't have class to attend and I longed to relieve myself from the academic burden and stresses. It was indeed effectively reduced my stress level by admiring the nature, for me. According to studies, walking or spending some time admiring greeneries can enhance ours mental and physical health indirectly. So, I immediately trying to practice this admiring mother nature "activity" in my life.

Here are few photos regarding my tour around the greeneries in UKM even though my last tour was only encompassed of a portion of the UKM map only lah...


My first destination is to Taman Paku Pakis dan Herba (Fern and Herbs garden). It is established in 1990 and being the largest fern and herbs garden in Malaysia. Besides, it is easily accessible from each and every part of the university as it is located opposite of Faculty of Science and Technology old building and beside of the new one building.

Following that, I walked towards Kolej Pendeta Za'ba. That residential college is one of the largest residential college of UKM. Yet, it is also being so distanced and "isolated" (large part being surrounded by forest). However, still many people travel to there as there got cheap and good food. I could say that only this kolej does offer myriad of cheap foods for us to enjoy eating.



Halfway to Kolej Pendeta Za'ba.
After that, I walked to the FUU and FKAB. FUU is Faculty of Law, while FKAB is Faculty of Engineering and Building. These two faculties are far from the centre of UKM. So, the students who are studying there need to travel a long journey to there...

On the way to FKAB and FUU of UKM
Distanced view of FUU and FKAB

Entrance of UKM forest reserve park
UKM does also got forest reserve park. It is the place for the university's students and researchers to explore and do research. I'm actually proud to be UKM student as the other universities maybe do not have their own forest reserve park. Then, this is the picture of UKM academic administration centre which is located very near to Kolej Pendeta Za'ba and opposite of FTSM (Faculty of Information and Science Technology). It is the place of the students whom they settle their academic matters (such as credit hours transfer, change programme and change faculty) there...

 That's all of today's sharing. I hope you guys enjoy reading my blog post. Before I end this blog post here, let me show you a video of UKM...

No comments:

Post a Comment