Tuesday, November 27, 2018

University academics: Econhunt 2018

Hello everybody! Ah Wong is back again. University subjects' academics assessment are usually done in examinations and individual or group assignments. Indeed, I believe we may seldom hear of the teaching subject in University opt to use treasure hunt as an academic assessment for the undergraduate students. That's really an innovation of the university's teaching style.


On last week Wednesday, Econhunt was going on at Faculty of Economics and Management of UKM. There was joustled with numerous different set of macroeconomies classes of students whom the students were included with international students. Also, the atmosphere there was so vibrant and dazzling as many people were there chit-chatting while waiting for the activity to begin. I arrived the venue by 1pm after finishing Statistics class with few of my friends. And so, the event registration was began there just few minutes after I arrived there.

Upon finishing registration, I was asked to find and gather all my teammate of Econhunt 2018 by the respective committee of Econhunt. Also, in a meantime, the committee member also assigned someone to be the leader of the group. Unfortunately, I was selected as the leader of my team (team 10) as I was the earliest to settle down myself according to the group sitting. Aiya... No choice lah, I just did my best there...

A lecture room can also be as a clue...

In fact, the responsibility of mine was rather high at that time as I was struggling to ensure all of the members of the team able to search for the questions' clues in a limited time. Normally I don't look at this kind of fun alike treasure hunt seriously, but at that day I took it very seriously as it was accounted for 20% of the overall macroeconomics marks. The faculty's dean had said on the launching of the Econhunt event that this event was to let students to gain knowledge from innovative teaching style rather than from the "dry" teaching style. So, it was the innovative learning process and it was act as "bonus marks" for us, thus, we must take it seriously.

Video of the

There were 20 questions assigned for each of the teams to solve there. However, we were required to garner for each of clues of the questions first by using the HP scanner app. Therefore, we have to wander throughout the campus just to find for the clues by using the scanning app. Then, once we are finishing getting each question's clue, we have to selfie or take photo with the place... Here are few photos of my teammates and me there...

I also took a ride of my teammate's motor to search for the clues.. After searching for clues, we must answer the 20 questions and then handing in the questions to the respective responsible person who were in charged.


Alright, that's all for today's blog post. I hope you are enjoy reading my blog post. Please do subscribe to my google and blogger account. See you guys next time, bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment