Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Orientation week: Orientation days in UKM

Hello everybody, Ah Wong is back again to share with you guys about first few days of my life in university. 

Many people had said before the orientation days in public university is torturing as the seniors may let us play some extreme games and may treat us badly. However, the different thing is that this year the seniors were behaved differently than what the others had said before... They were friendly towards us and let us play games which will indirectly break the ice among us, the freshmen as well as seniors. One thing I liked the most was the seniors willing to let us go back to hostel to sleep earlier. That are few things had changed compared to the last few year orientations in UKM. So, that's why the called this year orientation as "Minggu Mesra Mahassiswa". which brings the meaning of giving a good treatment to the freshmen, while breaking the ice and creating a good chemical bonding among us...

My student card in UKM...

Exploring Faculty of Economics and Management of UKM
That few days were fun... Indeed, UKM gave us to choose the domain activities to be done, so I've picked some of them such as Entrepreneurship domain, Sports domain, Leisure and greenery domain and Innovation domain. These few domain, I liked the most is the entrepreneurship domain as it gave me to unleash many ideas that are possible to kickstart a micro business in UKM. My teammate and I had tried our best to generate ideas to start a business in UKM. We intended to sell stationery specifically the pens there... Unfortunately, the panels of this domain activity didn't choose our idea among the other 79 groups as the groups which can help the particular suppliers to sell their products or begin to create and sell own products. Still, it was a good start for us to get in touch with the entrepreneurship and pitching skill (to sell products)...

Aktiviti Domain Keusahawanan

Going to play basketball...
Apart from that, the domain activity which I disliked the most is the Innovation domain. This is because their event planning was not that good as the other domain activities were planned. All you need to do there were sitting there and listen to the talk, indeed it is quite boring and lame, for me... However, I think on the bright side, this is the chance I can get to make new friends... So, I've just sitting there busy chit-chatting with the other people, instead of listening to the talk. It seems like, the expectation was differ than the reality. I though the innovation activities will be like creating something new just like in entrepreneurship activities, but it didn't. It is only talking about the intellectual properties right and techno entrepreneurship there... So, I don't really like that domain activity of the orientation days...

Then, I got a chance to interact with the "boss" of UKM, the vice chancellor. This I will be cover for the next blog post. Oh yah, the last day we got our "sworn-in" and "perang dg" ceremony at Dewan Gemilang. The "sworn-in" ceremony is still the same, but it was done outdoor as the main hall of Dewan Tun Abdul Razak (Dectar) was currently still under renovation. Therefore, same goes to the "perang" thing, it was unusual compared to the last few years. Traditionally, the "perang" was conducted at Dewan Tun Abdul Razak (Dectar) and they must shout the slogan until the next day 2 or 3 am... Fortunately, we only did our Perang Dg from roughly 9pm till 11pm... Very lucky for us, this batch 2018/2019 juniors.

Last day of MMM (orientation)

These orientation days, I've able to make new friends there (either with same level juniors or the seniors) and also I could get accustomed with the life in UKM. It was totally fun and interactive with them... 

That's all from my sharing of this blog post... Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment