Saturday, November 3, 2018

University activities: FEP Fac Night 2018 and the story of Com activities

Hello everybody! Ah Wong is back again... Today I'm going share my story of FEP Fac Night 2018. What is Fac Night? Fac Night is actually an event that help juniors and seniors mingle together and get to know each other well. It is basically an activity done by the Chinese in UKM since Chinese UKM is considered as largest group of minority race in UKM.

Last few days of sketch practising

Story time...
In the first day, my reaction of when I got to know the existence of Fac Night was so nuisance. Why must have this kind of activity to be done? Isn't it in university purely studying is enough already right? Those were my first thought when I was asked to join this activity...

In UKM FEP Chinese group, it is divided into 5 different coms which are Com AD, Com BH, Com CE, Com FG, Com LZ. I got selected into Com AD after an interview session done by the seniors. That time I also didn't know why I was selected into this Com as well... At first, I was indifferent to these kind of activities as that time I thought that "Study is the only most important thing in university". The thing I used to hate in this Chinese group was that we, juniors need to get signatures from Seniors. Some seniors also reluctant to give us a signature. I was so fed up that time, I think that group is useless for me. My thought is changed when seniors and my course mates told me that joining them I would have textbooks from seniors as well as get to ask for help when we want to do majoring in the 2nd year. Then, I was ok with it.

After all this, I'm really all in the group activities such as sketch practice for the Fac Night event on 1st of November 2018 (Last two days from today). The sketch practice was only not that easy as we were that lack of ideas in plot sketching and acting. Furthermore, some of us are too busy until unable to attend for the sketch practice on every late night. These late night practices were also very tiring as we tomorrow would have to attend for lecture classes. I remembered a few times we practice the sketch until the next day 3am, this had made me to wake up late and late to attend for lecture. However, let's think on the bright side, at least that time we got to interact with each other while practising for the sketch. Side note: Some seniors also helped us to buy supper on that time too...

Fast forward to the Fac Night event, our efforts had been paid off. We were all out in the drama performance although we might not be the best. That day, I was able to capture lots of pictures as a memory in my mind. Here are a few of photos that I got from Fac Night 2018...

Com AD group photo after drama acting.
The direct line.

KAB gang
It was nice to meet new people in University. Recognizing people is important in university as it may help you in the future when you someone to ask or to do reference.

Alright, that's all for my blog post sharing session. Please be sure to follow me on google and blogger. See you guys in the next time, bye...

2 comments: