Friday, September 28, 2018

University activities: My first time celebrate Mid-Autmn festival in university...

Hello everybody, Ah Wong is back again... After done doing my assignments, I eventually can spare my leisure time to share my story here.

Last four days, it was the day of Mid-Autumn festival 2018 (24/9) and it was on Monday indeed as well. Normally, we as a student will be experiencing "Monday blue". However, thanks to my residential college's seniors for planning this small celebration of Mid-Autumn with juniors to relieve ourselves from academic stresses.

According to Shuoshuokong website (说说控), Mid-Autumn Festival, which is also known as Zhong Qiu Jie (中秋节), is celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar. It is a time for family members and loved ones to congregate and enjoy the full moon - an auspicious symbol of abundance, harmony and luck. Adults will usually indulge in fragrant mooncakes of many varieties with a good cup of piping hot Chinese tea, while the little ones run around with their brightly-lit lanterns.

Here are the photos of the event. They hosted the small event at the 2nd floor of lecture hall in Faculty of Social Science and Humanities of UKM.

Strolled in my friend's room before going to the venue.

Yummy! Got mooncakes, snacks and drink.

The seniors of my residential college.
It was been a long time for me not to celebrate this occasion in that way, as I was getting bored and lazy to celebrate this occasion when I grow up year by year. However, I would say this is the best timing to enjoy it as the days after that day is going to be full with stresses.

民华 (representing Chinese community in Kolej Aminuddin Baki) seniors and juniors
In the midst of the end of this celebration, our seniors distributed to us paper lanterns. Indeed, these paper lanterns are known as the important part of Mid Autumn festival. We all got ours lantern, then we were busy taking photos the lanterns...

KAB gang.
Then, we lit up ours lanterns and brought it to walk along to the hostel. Carrying lantern for a walk at night was our childhood memory... Unfortunately, this culture has been fading year by year with the technological advancement... That's why the children nowadays rarely do this in the mid-autumn celebration.

So, that's all for this blog post sharing... Please do subscribe me as well for my blogger and my google account. Thank you very much...

No comments:

Post a Comment