Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Orientation week: Days before entering into Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (The National University of Malaysia)

More than 3 weeks ago, I've leveled up in terms of my education level... Once I stepped my foot into UKM, I'm officially an undergraduate as well as an UKM student. This is the 2nd choice of mine, Business Administration (which also can changed to Accounting course in the 2nd year) UKM, in the UPU list (Selection of public university intake) and fortunately I've got my selection of it even though it wasn't my first choice (my first choice is Accounting Course in Universiti Malaya).

In fact, I was over the moon at the time... However, there were lots of things need to be prepared in order to enter into a public university. There are few documents for us, the freshmen to fill up and go for certify true copy. For example, we need to fill up the health report that provided by UKM itself as well as get certify true copy of our latest academic transcripts and upload it onto it's intake website. So, there were still lots of paperwork preparation prior of enterting into university.
Kolej Aminuddin Baki, UKM. One of the residential colleges in UKM


Besides, UKM is an outstanding ("Luar Biasa") university. Thus, it will ask their freshmen to do things to thank and appreciate its kindness of giving us, the freshmen an opportunity to further our studies. The two things UKM asked us to do were make an appreciation video and two videos with 2 different alumni. At the first glance of receiving this information, I was shocked and perplexed on how to get this things done. This is because of I'm not good in speaking confidently in front of the camera. I've used to try to make videos many times but I failed it (because either I was nervous or forgetting my script at that time). As a saying goes, "Failure is the mother of sucess.", I was determined to get these videos done and eventually the works were done fine, for me... I was been NG for more than 5 times for each videos, but they I've managed to get them done eventually... Hence, it can be said that failure doesn't deter you from success in the long run so long as you never give up.

Here are my videos on YouTube...
My appreciation video

UKM Alumnus 1


UKM Alumnus 2


Apart from that, we were asked to pay for the registration fee for our university. This fee had included with the university's orientation fee already (Orientation days experiences I will share on the next blog post). That fee was at RM1200 which was lower than those in the private universities. Obviously, every public universities' education fees are cheaper than the ones of private university. Therefore, I'm really cherish for this opportunity given to me to further my study in UKM. 

After settled these things, it was the time to wait for UKM intake day on 2nd of September... The next blog post I'll talk brief experiences about the orientation days in UKM...


No comments:

Post a Comment