Saturday, September 29, 2018

Hanging out: Hanging out at Petaling Street in KL.

Hello everyone, Ah Wong is back again... Today I just changed my "P" Driving License into Competent Driving License (CDL) at UTC Pudu Central, Kuala Lumpur. This is a new level for me to achieve in my life as I can finally be an official competent driver on the road already...

However, UTC Centre is usually jostled with lots of people as that is an one-stop centre for the people to settle their things with the responsible enforcement and government authorities (eg: Road Transport Department, National Registration Department, National Higher Educational Fund Corporation (PTPTN) and Kuala Lumpur City Council (DBKL)). It was indeed quite bored to be waiting there until my turn to settle things. Therefore, I've made use of this chance to stroll at Petaling Street of KL...


JPJ Kiosk at UTC KL
Petaling Street, is also known as Chee Cheong Kai and Ci Chang Jie in Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese (茨厂街), is the Chinatown in Kuala Lumpur City Centre. Many years ago, it was the place where us, Malaysians especially KL citizens to shop at. Apart from that, the street have had a lot of Chinese selling things there. Nevertheless, as the time goes by, the place is gradually fading its own colors and being replaced with the title of  "migrant street" since there are so many immigrant workers selling things (souvenirs, foods, beverages and sundry items). 

On my road to Petaling Street


Wet Market at Petaling Street
Old Petaling Street and Now.
Here's the video I randomly recorded at Petaling Street.



After strolling at Petaling Street, I returned to UTC to wait for my turn to settle my things, then later I went to Mytown Shopping Mall in Cheras with my UKM course mates...

The next blog post I will be talking about the story at Mytown Shopping Mall... 

No comments:

Post a Comment