Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Orientation week: Having a lunch with Vice Chancellor of UKM

Hello everybody! Ah Wong is back again... On the second day of the orientation days in UKM, UKM vice chancellor paid his visit to residential college where I lived, Kolej Aminuddin Baki. So, that time I make use of my chance to get his attention (because he is the "big shot" of UKM). Fortunately... He threw us a question on the stage...

"Does anyone here has tried to make the videos for many times?"

I recalled back last time I've paid many efforts to do the videos, so I immediately raised up my hand. Then, he asked me to go in front to interact with him.

Indeed, that was my first time to talk face to face with the "big shot" of UKM. I was overwhelmed with anxiety since there were so many watched me interacting with vice chancellor, the important figure in university. Albeit of this, I've able to control my emotion and give a talk in peace... In the end, he invited me to go over his office to have lunch with him...

Me on the stage with Vice Chancellor of UKM.
On the next day, I had arrived to Chancellery building, it is the place of the vice chancellor's office at... I was not alone there as there were 7 other freshmen who got invited to have lunch there. Alright, here are few pictures and videos taken and recorded on that day...

Walking towards the meeting room to wait for Vice Chancellor

Waiting...
The meal provided there was simple (fried rice with shrimps, fruits and syrup) but it was still tasty and edible (LOL)...

I found out that vice chancellor, Prof. Tan Sri Dato' Seri Noor Azlan Ghazali used to be a former MBA lecturer in UKM as well as He is one of the Malaysian's economists who involved in planning of Malaysia's future road...

Walking into his office
He got his Phd. at Havard University...

So, it was a good time to interact with Vice Chancellor of UKM, as he had gave us motivation to further our study there and telling us about the real university life, where life in university isn't all about the academics but it is also about learning new skills and building up network with people. It was my pleasure to get to know more about this important figure of my university, that day's memory, I will remembered vividly in the future.

Alright, so that's all about this blog post. Thank for reading fully this blog post. Tqvm.

No comments:

Post a Comment