Saturday, November 17, 2018

University activity: Looking back to EDB minggu keusahawanan

Hello everybody! Ah Wong is back again. After all these tiring days of minggu keusahawanan, finally I am able to write something here again.


For our knowledge, Minggu Keusahawanan Kolej Aminuddin Baki is deemed as the mega activity of the Entreprenuership Development Bureau (EDB) in the residential college. I'm actually quite fortunate to be taking part in this activity as it had given me a chance to get working experience and enriching my university life.

In fact, we, the biro keusahawanan members had been sacrificing our mid term holiday to go back here to set up for that event and ensuring everything in that event was perfect. Those sacrifices were totally worth it as we get to learn and experience something new when we were working with each other. Although we wouldn't be the perfect one in working, but at least we had all out to give the best. Here are a few of photo of the perkampung week before minggu keusahwanan.

Chinese gang in the biro




Meanwhile, I was assigned with the post of technical and logistics on that few days. It was seemed as relaxing job at the first glance, however, it wouldn't as that post required us to move here and there as well carrying this and that frequently. Besides, few weeks before the event, my biro's felo even asked us to draw a plan properly in order to able catering all the stalls in that place. Drawing and designing a plan wasn't the easy job as that place has lots of obstacles such as rock chairs and tables which obstructing our the set up of the canopies. I felt so fortunate to have a few of members of helping in designing the plan at that time (actually I was struggled at first as I couldn't do it by myself alone). On top of that, that post had given me a chance to play with the public address (PA) and audio system which is seemed to be rather challenging and difficult to utilise it in the occasion. So, eventually I assumed it as the platform for us to learn more about audio and PA system management in an event. Also, there were lots of things for us to learn from that post.
Drawing plan of the event (not my drawing)
 Setting up of the event...



The food stalls view from the PA system counter:



Besides of that, I had poured lots of money in this Minggu Keusahawan. On that few days, there were lots of mouth-watering street foods and delicacies to be sold to us. Obviously, it was not absent with our biro keusahawanan stall. Our stall were selling some appealing yet common street foods such as maggi murtabak, sweet corn cup, skewed fishball and nuggets as well as "air asam boi". Those foods that I mentioned just now were my dinner for these few days. Albeit of being so unhealthy for eating these foods so much, but I had at least contributed my support and income to the bureau.The more income the bureau gets, the more money we can use for member bonding purposes. The other stalls also got their nice delicacies such as the Bro Inovasi one's "roti sausage" and Biro Hal Ehwal Alumni dan Antarabangsa (Hela)'s spiral fried potatoes. Both of them were the ones I liked the most among the food stall there. Thus, because of the dazzling and tasty foods were there, I've spend lots of money on that day.

Alright, that's all of my sharing... I may not be the perfect in doing work, but still I'm still learning new things and gain experience from the bureau. This event has given me a lot of opportunity to gain experience which we barely can obtain from the academics. I used to be a bookworm who loves to study 24/7 and living in my own world. This disillusion has became a reality when I stepped into university, I felt that university is like a smaller version of society where we all are living together in order to achieve our own goals respectively in life. So, I think I want to mingle and blend in with the majority...

Oh ya please follow me on google and my blogger as well. See you guys in the nest time, bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment